Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas Comes But Once A Year...

Or so you'd think! According to every agent I've spoken to at Amazon, there have been problems delivering due to "Christmas. I ordered a gift from them for my beloved on the 3rd December. I am a fully paid up "Prime" member, which means I am guaranteed free next day delivery on many items - including this one and it should have come on the 4th! So I waited. On the 7th it hadn't arrived, so I called Customer Services and they assured me that it was on its way. So I waited. On the 12th, the item still hadn't arrived so I called Customer Services again and they admitted that the item had been lost! They offered to send, what they called a "Free Replacement" - now to me the words free replacement mean that they will give me my money back, and send a new one out, free of charge by way of apology. But to Amazon, this means that they will not charge me for a replacement! Utter Madness. In addition, because of my £50.00 Prime Membership, they could not give me a refund on my delivery costs because next day delivery was free! After much argument, they finally agreed to give me a £5.00 gift voucher (actually the girl said $5.00 as she didn't bother to check what country I was from!) She also gave me an extra month of Prime Membership and assured me that the parcel would be sent by "Expedited Delivery" and would be delivered the following day. Well having waited for so long, I insisted that the parcel had to be delivered after 3pm, when I was home from work. She assured me that was fine. so I waited.

TWO DAYS LATER... The parcel has STILL NOT BEEN DELIVERED! The delivery company had tried to deliver at 10:43am... WHEN I WAS AT WORK...

I called customer services again and requested to speak to a manager. I was told one wasn't available. After making a little bit of noise, as if by magic, a Team Leader was found!

He couldn't guarantee that the parcel would be delivered after 3pm, he couldn't guarantee that it could be redelivered at the weekend, he couldn't even promise that he would call me before I went to work tomorrow...

I'm awaiting an email...

I understand that Christmas is a busy time of year from any company which delivers gifts...

But if you can't deliver, DON'T PROMISE NEXT DAY DELIVERY and more importantly - don't charge people £50.00 for "Prime" for 12 months, if that time doesn't include the month of December...

Moral - I'll go to Waterstones next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloody Fraud

I’ve just learned about Elizabeth Holmes, former CEO of defunct medical equipment company Theranos (so close to Thanos that I actually wro...