Thursday 11 August 2011

A Proud Mancunian

A little bit more positive, my pal Emma Garside, currently residing in Gorse Hill, Manchester - the proudest mancunian you'll ever meet penned this poem which just about says it all and has very kindly let me post it...


I am Manchester by Emma Garside

I am Manchester,
I am the friendliest people on earth,
I am red and blue,
I am afflecks and corn exchange memories of old,
I am the triangle and printworks of new,
I am the Arndale shops and market,
I am piccadilly gardens,
I am the northern quarter,
I am still going strong no matter what you throw at me,
I am manchester full of pride,
I am manchester gay straight and bi,
I am the mancs coming together,
I am cleaning up the riots no matter the weather.
I am manchester through and through.
Manchester i'm so proud of you!

Out of the fear comes greatness... Please share this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloody Fraud

I’ve just learned about Elizabeth Holmes, former CEO of defunct medical equipment company Theranos (so close to Thanos that I actually wro...