Sunday 6 April 2014

NYNY

It has come to my attention that I haven't blogged at all for the entirety of my holiday... We have just been so busy, so I thought I'd take the opportunity whilst we are on the return Staten Island Ferry to write.

It has been an amazing honeyversary and I have found my spiritual home. Right now as we sail past Lady Liberty, I realise, I should be a New Yorker! 

We have learned all the tricks and ridden the Subway every day. I. Have begun saying 'line' rather than 'queue', 'trash can' instead of ''bin' and always ask for the 'check' rather than the 'bill'.

Things I will miss:
1) Looking out over Manhattan as I take the HBLR (Hudson Bergen Light Rail) to Jersey City.
2) The distraction of chatter in the native tongue.
3) American Netflix!
4) The kindness of folk in the city.
5) Christopher Street and the West Village - Like Canal St. and The NQ had a baby only gayer and more full of hipsters.
6) The Subway - terrifying at first, but once you get used to it, fun and full of adventure! (Also cheap - $30 for a week's unlimited travel throughout the 5 boroughs!
7) Uniqlo - a unique and very minimalist take on design... Been in and out of there all week.



There are many more I could mention. The best bit? Having my wife with me, every day for two solid weeks - from the Top of the Rock to the deepest Subway station I've ever seen! We have had a wonderful and happy time throughout, exploring at our leisure, eating copiously and walking miles.

Someday I will live here, you mark my words!

Lydia, from NY, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloody Fraud

I’ve just learned about Elizabeth Holmes, former CEO of defunct medical equipment company Theranos (so close to Thanos that I actually wro...