Saturday 1 January 2011

A few words on 2011

I hate to start off 2011 feeling melancholy. I've been trying to pen something really positive to mark the passing of another year, but New Years Eve appears to be just another way for God to remind me that I'm no longer 18. I had my first sober NYE in 10 years, and unsurprisingly - I've had better. Shocker. I laughed and joked as best as I could, but come midnight, I couldn't escape the feeling that 2010 was sneaking out in the same fashion it sneaked in 12 months ago. I am again single, in fact, recently dumped. I am lonely, if not completely alone, and midnight came upon me with a whisper that said "you're 26, hadn't you better get on with it and start living?" 


The early part of the day seemed to move at a snail's pace and then midnight was upon us all of a sudden, and I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to file 2010 into the past, because 2010 is the year I met the love of my life, and even though she doesn't love me anymore, as long as it was still the old year, it still felt current.With the passing of the year, and the first footer crossing the threshold, those memories were filed with all the rest of 2010. Along with passing my driving test, moving in with those awful rat people and spending my 26th birthday almost completely alone. 


So here's to a better 2011. Maybe I'll get over 2010 soon.

1 comment:

  1. Who knew then that 2011 would be the best year of my life? The year I found my soul mate who later became my wife!

    ReplyDelete

Bloody Fraud

I’ve just learned about Elizabeth Holmes, former CEO of defunct medical equipment company Theranos (so close to Thanos that I actually wro...